working knowledge of NSW transport laws and national regulatory reform. The role is based in Parramatta for a 6-month contract term.
- Immediate start required - must be available to interview and commence in role ASAP!
- 6-month contract
- Located in Parramatta
Our client's role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated systems that keep people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
The senior project officer will contribute to the management, coordination and delivery of the program in accordance with the business unit's requirements.
- Contribute to a variety of aspects of program development and implementation across a portfolio of complex strategic projects, including input into project plans, risks and issues registers
- Draft briefing materials and correspondence, with direct reporting to senior management
- Undertake engagement activities during the development, implementation, and review of projects to ensure understanding and effective implementation of policy initiatives
- Managing sensitive aspects of the project portfolio and contributing to the preparation of Cabinet materials
- Undertake the necessary research and consultation to define and agree project outcomes; coordinate data collection to support successful program delivery
- Manage transitions from strategy development to established internal policy, programs, communication campaigns, operational systems and processes to ensure project implementation achieves defined outcomes
- Ensure successful project handover with clear accountabilities for operational business areas within the Division
- Contribute to program outcomes by cultivating effective partnerships with key stakeholders, working collaboratively in a multi-functional team environment and by managing a complex and diverse external stakeholder management program including interstate and national jurisdictions and industry
- Eligibility to work full-time in Australia
- Demonstrated experience in project managing, supporting complex or sensitive projects, including the high-level ability to set clear goals and implement systems to ensure projects meet agreed objective
- Demonstrated achievement in managing the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and programs.
- Understanding of relevant state-based transport laws, national regulatory reform, or a demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Strong preference for candidates with public sector experience or experience working closely with public sector department