The primary purpose of this role is to provide planning, engineering, project management and/or site construction support for projects. As well as providing technical advice to support the successful delivery of projects.
This role sits in the Major Works Division who are responsible for delivering maintenance and renewal of existing infrastructure assets across Infrastructure, Signals and Electrical, and Operational Technology as well as enabling and supporting Transport infrastructure investments in the rail network.
- Liaise with clients and key stakeholders to evaluate the principal, technological and systemic requirements to meet the SOW, Functional Specifications and achieve the project requirements including carrying out site surveys and investigations, and communicating with subject matter experts.
- Manage multi-disciplined projects and/or programs.
- Work with Project Managers, Program Manager, design engineers and technicians on the preliminary and detailed scoping, initial costing, and planning for the project.
- Assist the project manager in preparing the PMP and associated project documentation including safety plans, environmental plans, IWP, ITP and quality plans; detailed cost estimates, schedules and resource requirements to ensure all projects are developed in accordance with the organisation’s policies and standards.
- Assist the project manager in the setup of project controls for cost and progress reporting
- Coordinate risk management workshops and rail safety reviews
- Analyse drawings and associated design and project documentation for technical accuracy and suitability
- Coordinate project teams to ensure assessment of safety in design and constructability reviews
- Participate in the evaluation of tenders with respect to established specifications, ensuring the technical merits of all tenders are carefully assessed in the selection of a suitable tender
- Monitor and report project progress against the project plan including the progress against scope, schedule performance, quality, cost, earned value and estimates to ensure project is delivered to time, cost, safety and quality standards
- Coordinate handover process for completed works to stakeholders including obtaining their acceptance of the works as completed and to their satisfaction
- Coordinate the management and close out of defects and ensure re-work is captured, measured and reported
- Establish procurement activities for project specific items that sit outside the Commercial unit tender process
- Where project direction is given, undertake the site construction activities, mobilising, constructing and demobilising, maintaining safe work practices to successfully deliver the project objectives
- Tertiary qualifications in Telecommunications Engineering, (Operational Technology) or equivalent related industry experience to telecommunications construction activities
- Experience in project delivery and/or engineering works, preferably in a rail environment
- Demonstrated experience in providing (relevant discipline) engineering support including functional specification development, design coordination, safety in design, constructability reviews, testing and commissioning and applying engineering quality
If you are interested in a confidential discussion regarding this role, please click "Apply Now" or call 0282524001.