This well established and highly respected tier two builder who have a national presence, continue to secure project after project and have recently picked up several key projects which puts them in a comfortable position for 2019/2020
This builder has an excellent reputation throughout Australia they are known for delivering high rise residential, commercial, retail, and leisure sector projects ranging from $50M up to $400M, winning several MBA awards along the way.
You will be joining a well-structured builder who are known for their excellent staff retention rate, you will be part of a well structured team reporting directly to the Pre-Construction Manager.
Their projects generally vary between $20M to $400M and as a company they are stirring away from projects within the residential space:
The primary goal is to involved preparation of cost plan / elemental estimate to fit into development feasibility, value management and value engineering, leading to final construction costing with market coverage and up to the stage of final construction budget handover to site team.
Daily tasks involve:
- Project action meeting
- Discussion with external consultants
- Price negotiation with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Analysing, reviewing and improving tendering process
- Sourcing new tender opportunities, subcontractors and suppliers
With this being a Senior role, any suitable candidate must have experience successfully working on estimates for Projects $50m+ in value. Experience with the following would be essential:
- Software experience using OST, CostX, CCS Candy, CostX, Buildsoft,
- Analysis and Evaluation Methods
- Risk / Reward Evaluation
- Cashflow & escalation modelling
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Technical Knowledge
- Communication and Presentation
- Client / Consultant Liaison & Negotiation