Protection & SCADA Engineer required by a major client-side transport organisation in Sydney, on a long-term contract basis.
The successful applicant will develop protection and control concept designs, review of internal protection designs, the review for acceptance of external protection designs and review of SCADA I/O schedules for the companies electrical network.
The role is responsible for the electrical protection and condition monitoring of the company’s assets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute safety responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities consistent with the safety management system requirements which are defined in SMS document number SMS-02-RG-3058
- Provide authoritative engineering advice on high voltage AC and DC traction power protection systems, SCADA I/O and power system analogs and prepare design briefs for high voltage protection and SCADA designs
- Design high voltage protection concepts and review high voltage protection designs and SCADA I/O schedules produced by external designers
- Assess and recommend approval of high voltage and DC protection equipment for use on the company network
- Provide technical input to the production and maintenance of related engineering standards and in the preparation of RFT documents
- Develop commissioning plans and methods for high voltage AC and DC traction power equipment to enable design validation
- Contribute to high voltage power systems planning and solution development, assess tenders for substation equipment and investigate all major electrical system incidents involving protection
- Evaluate concessions to standards for proposed protection configurations which do not comply with ASA standards
- Degree in electrical engineering
- 10 years’ experience in a relevant engineering discipline within a comparable public or private sector organisation
- Knowledge of electrical AC and DC protection systems
- Knowledge of SCADA systems
- Knowledge of codes of practice, standards, policy, procedures and guidelines, relevant to power systems engineering
- Demonstrated experience in Engineering design software
- Demonstrated experience in AC & DC fault calculations, HV protection design, network operation, protection grading studies, and relay setting for AC and DC electrical networks
- Demonstrated experience in construction and commissioning of HV protection systems and control
- Demonstrated experience in interpretation and review of protection schematic diagrams
For a full job description and to discuss in detail, please contact George Hvid:George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0427 933 873 – 0282 524 013