The primary purpose of the this role is to oversee, coordinate and manage the provision of financial performance analysis through effective and compliant cost attribution, financial control and reporting covering areas including budgeting, forecasting, accruals, journals, cash flow monitoring, as well as managing payment processing and cost recovery.
- Provide expert accounting and cost control across complex projects / programs of work with multiple stakeholder interests and interdependencies, raising standards and driving improvements in accounting management, process administration, in adherence with financial standards and delegations, in tracking variations, and in risk management.
- Develop and drive agreement and compliance with business rules pertaining to project management costs at a project / program level, ensuring alignment of budget, commitment and cost, respecting business rules in relation to financial data validation.
- Provide expert financial and cost controls advice in relation to contract management, including the management of variations, contractor certificates of currency, and invoice disputes on a regular /ad hoc basis.
- Develop and implement realistic and sustainable plans for delivery of cost control within project / program teams and for improvement in service quality and sponsor satisfaction.
- Identify and resolve current and emerging issues to improve the quality and efficacy of cost control as a value added function to project / program delivery teams.
- Achieve and maintain high professional standards and timely turnaround / resolution of problem areas while complying with specified accounting standards in a complex regulatory environment.
- Lead and coordinate Project Cost Controllers to ensure that financial policies, procedures and internal controls are effectively implemented, and a robust financial control environment is in place consistent within Branch standards and other programs.
Key knowledge and experience
- Extensive knowledge business process design and improvement
- Experience working in customer service and technology environments
- Experience with SAP, PMWeb and Power BI a benefit.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce or in a related discipline and eligible for, or progressing towards, membership of a recognised professional accounting body