Our client is a premier boutique fitout firm operating within the commercial, educational and government space. They have been trading for over 30 yrs, have a solid client base and offer a supportive culture. Boutique in nature they are able to offer clients a personalised service and currently employee a team of 25 people. Projects range from $500K - $5M.
Reporting directly to the Construction Manager we are looking to speak with the next generation of Project Manager. This position could suit a Contract Administrator who has been running smaller projects and is looking for a company that can offer the training and mentoring to get to the next level.
You will have exposure to early tender involvement, contract administration, programing and clients whilst working closely with your Site Manager to deliver the project. You will also be exposed to project financials and monthly forecasting all whilst ensuring that the project to deliver to scope and quality.
Ideally we are looking for a someone who has had exposure to administrating Defence contracts
Culture / Benefits
The Construction Manager who this position will report too is hands on and willing to train and mentor someone to be able to reach their full potential. This business enjoys high employee engagement and low staff turnover. They do not have plans to be the next biggest and best thing which means they have time to invest in their employees.
- Ideally have administered Defence contracts in the past
- Degree background with experience as a Contract Administrator and some level of management across small projects
- Demonstrated ability maintaining key client relationships
- The successful candidate will need to have a good understanding of the local market and be well being networked with local subbies
- Understanding of programming and ability to manage and deliver several projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and ability build rapport quickly
- Excellent negotiation and decision making abilities
- Strong IT skills, particularly within Excel