This client side organisation within the transport sector have recently had an increase in their current project portfolio and coupled with an ongoing capital works program, they have identified a number of upcoming requirements for specialist contract staff.
One area where they have identified a need for support is for an experienced Scheduler to support railway engineering projects.
The Scheduler delivers project scheduling for the rail team, which includes development, planning and scheduling across the project and planning lifecycle.
This role works closely with the Program and Project Managers on the development and implementation of scheduling requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and provide high level program schedules, detailed project schedules and resource plans
- Set up Project Enterprise structure, Organisational Business structure and Work Breakdown structure for the Schedules; set up the structure for baseline and monthly reporting and report on changes to allow management of individual project and overall project/program progression
- Maintain high quality project schedule information through regular collection and validation of data from relevant project managers
- Develop layouts, filters and reports, set up the schedule reporting procedure and collect and maintain ongoing Possession planning and Resource programming information using Primavera P6
- Support the develop and implement analysis and management of schedule risk for programs and projects
- Contribute to the management of commissioning activities, timings, resources
- Achieve consistency and quality in the technical aspects associated with the scheduling functions in collaboration with the Primavera Systems Manager
- Execute safety responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities consistent with the companies safety management system requirements
- Demonstrated substantial experience in an equivalent scheduling position within comparable public or private sector organisation
- Familiarity with rail projects and construction delivery involving civil and structural works, signalling, traction and power works, risk management processes and practices, and the ability to apply these across multiple projects/programs of work
- Extensive knowledge and experience using modern scheduling tools including Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
- Sound working knowledge of planning and scheduling principles, and of critical path analysis.
For a full job description and to discuss in detail, please contact George Hvid: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0427 933 873 – 0282 524 013