The role will involve providing competency based training and assessment for employees, to ensure they have the competencies required to undertake their work in a skilled, safe and effective manner, as required by Sydney Trains the customer and relevant standards and legislation
The position is required to work with TfNSW Organisational Development and Sydney Trains Operational areas to ensure training delivery and development services are being provided efficiently and effectively.
- Provide quality training and assessment services in specific areas for business groups to ensure that business group staff maintain and develop necessary competencies.
- Maintain training and assessment documentation, in accordance with appropriate records management systems and procedures and legislative requirements, to support accreditation.
- Liaise with managers and other relevant stakeholders to provide information and advice on operational issues, to assist in the development of effective training packages that ensure the transfer of technical skills and competencies to staff in both on the job and off the job training.
- Comply with departmental information security guidelines, precedents and mechanisms and play an active role in protecting the information assets and intellectual property of the organisation
- Assist with the evaluation of training and assessment services to ensure compliance with business group requirements, best practice training and adult learning principles, training policies and procedures, organisational and industry standards, and relevant legislation and regulations.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of training materials and manuals, ensuring compliance with endorsed organisational and industry standards as well as relevant policies, procedures, legislation and regulations.
- Participate in group discussion, contributing ideas for improving work practices, consistent with the organisation’s goal to achieve a high standard of quality in every process, product and service. Execute safety responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities consistent with Sydney Trains safety management system requirements which are defined in SMS document number SMS-02-RG-3058.
- Experience in the delivery of vocational education training (VET) and assessment services
- Significant, recent experience in a relevant operational (Track Maintenance) environment within the rail industry.
- Knowledge of relevant legislative and regulatory requirements as well as Sydney Train’s own policy and procedures.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong customer focus.
- Good oral and written communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills including in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Current Track certification/authorisation and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent.
This role is an immediate requirement so for more project information please call Rory immediately on 0428 026 703 or email email@example.com