Due to international expansion in to Australia, our client requires an established Quality Manager to join them during production phase of this high profile rolling stock project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adapt all standard quality documents to project specifications
- Act as Quality Team leader for all dedicated project Quality resources, including quality assurance / control personnel
- Oversee the inspection of a wide variety of parts, assemblies, tooling fixtures and material to ensure compliance with customer requirements, company specifications, and quality requirements as per the quality assurance plan
- Ensuring the production process are based on well considered, sound engineering principles with demonstrated accuracy in quantity and quality.
- Skilfully and accurately identify, assess and control production quality
- Ensure alignment ad effective working relationships across business streams and engagement with key business resources via pre-production meetings and production follow up meetings to ensure compliance with safety, environmental and quality requirements and capability to perform the contract obligations
- Regular production status reports and updates of quality issues
- Ensure all OHS, quality and environment policies are followed by all staff and manage the training and enforcement of those.
- Ensure the environmental compliance, health, safety and well-being of all staff is managed to the standards defined by the Company
- Tertiary qualifications in manufacturing, engineering, business or related disciplines coupled with knowledge of rail rolling stock / heavy industries, ideally within a manufacturing environment
- Audit qualifications (Lead Auditor Certificate/Quality Auditor)
- Knowledge or familiarisation of technical railway terminology
- Extensive experience in Quality Management theory and practical application.
- Excellent knowledge of Quality Management Systems, the deployment of Standards and management of Compliance.
- AS9100 Quality Management System experience will be advantageous
- Awareness of Warranty Management, Defect Management and New Vehicle Acceptance disciplines/ processes
- Sound knowledge of systems requirement or requirement traceability principles and methodologies
- Extensive experience leading quality compliance in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in organisational auditing processes and practices
- Ability to influence quality assurance and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong inter-personal skills
To discuss the position in detail, please contact George Hvid at 0427 933 873 or email: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com