Our client is a premier boutique fitout firm operating within the commercial, defence and educational space. They have been trading for over 30 yrs, have a solid client base and offer a supportive culture. Boutique in nature they are able to offer clients a personalised service and receive a lot of repeat business. Currently they employee a dedicated team of 25 people delivering projects ranging in value from $500K - $5M.
As the Project Manager, you will be hands on in terms of early tender involvement, contract administration, programing and client interaction whilst working closely with your Site Manager to deliver the project in collaboration with the client. You will be responsible for monitoring project financials and driving programmes to ensure that projects are completely within agreed timeframes.
This position will report into the Construction Manager.
- Have delivered commercial fitouts as a Project Manager
- Demonstrated ability maintaining key client relationships and previous experience working at the front end of projects
- The successful candidate will need to have a good understanding of the local market and be well networked with local subbies
- Superior ability to plan, manage and deliver several projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and ability build rapport quickly
- Excellent negotiation and decision making abilities
- Strong IT skills, particularly within Excel
The Construction Manager of this business is still very hands on and willing to train and mentor someone to reach their full potential. In the not too distant future director will be resigning which will create space for someone to move into a construction manager position. This business enjoys high employee engagement and low staff turnover, they do not have plans to be the next fortune 500 company so have time to invest in their people.
Please call Carmel Jones on 0428 433 876 for more information or apply for the position below