Plan and deliver projects and improvements in financial information systems and associated processes to continually improve the efficiency, integrity and robustness of applications and data, and to meet the needs for cluster wide management of the finances and project portfolio.
- Engage with business across the cluster to modify/develop information systems, standards and processes which reflect business requirements, effectively harness the IT capability and enable continual improvement.
- Undertake reviews of organisational needs and financial information system processes to develop insights and advice to the executive for business improvement and adaptation across the cluster.
- Collaborate with Group IT to ensure that business changes are compatible with and enhance the effectiveness of existing and proposed processes and that system performance, security and availability requirements are met and any system failures are resolved.
- Work with Group IT to deliver systems improvements over time, including consolidation of ad-hoc financial and reporting systems into the core portfolio management systems that TfNSW has selected to support ongoing organisational change.
- Work closely with the Principal Business Analyst and with business across the cluster to develop, manage and implement business and process improvements and information system developments. including preparation of system requirement documents and any procurement requirements.
- Analyse and prepare system rules and standards and guidance documentation and provide advice, training and support in relation to system processes used by the division to promote the effective implementation and ongoing effectiveness of changes.
- Providing practical, effective and insightful advice in a large and complex environment and where there is substantial organisational, operational and functional change and processes and systems are continually being developed.
- Working closely with and understanding the business sufficiently to undertake analysis and translate it into appropriate information systems and rules which meet business, cluster and government requirements.
- Keeping up to date with current and emerging best practice, government policy and statutory requirements, as well as dealing with frequently conflicting and/or competing agendas of stakeholders and negotiating agreed positions and solutions.
The position is the conduit between the Finance business and SAP technical team to assist in making improvements to SAP. The incumbent will need to have SAP FI/CO knowledge and ideally PPM/PS knowledge. They will be responsible for coordinating user acceptance testing with the business, providing ad hoc support and assisting with month end closure of periods
For more information please call Will on 0435935377 or email your resume to email@example.com