With the likes of the Sydney Metro Linewide, Parramatta Light Rail and various Sydney Trains Upgrade projects the next two years are set to be very busy in the rail systems design space.
If you are interested in a career change in 2019, and to be part of the projects changing the face of Sydney please contact me to discuss in confidence.
- Reporting to the Associate Technical Director, you will control the production and output of detailed Overhead Line designs within the rail sector;
- Developing and designing of overhead wiring layout plans, adopting appropriate standards in producing layouts and overlays;
- Providing technical advice and support to project teams, working in collaboration with other disciplines and interfacing with the client and other stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Providing expert advice, assisting Project and Technical Managers to identify and manage rail systems requirements for projects, as well as managing integration of station and infrastructure systems;
- Assisting in the definition and management of Project Systems Scope, inputting into the preparation and maintenance of user requirements and systems scope description including but not limited to, station/infrastructure systems of HV Distribution, DT Traction Power, Overhead OHW, Fault Protection, Earthing, Bonding, Electrolysis, Lighting, Building and Infrastructure Electrical systems, and Cable and Combined Services Route; and
- Identifying and managing risks associated with the design and delivery of rail electrical systems ensuring risk based approach is adhered to.
- A tertiary Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Qualification;
- Experience in Electrical Construction projects in the Rail Sector is essential as is OHW or Traction Systems experience;
- Detailed knowledge of Electrical Construction Standards and Specifications;
- Demonstrated experience of working independently and the ability to work in a complex challenging environment; and
- Expert knowledge of TfNSW or Melbourne Metro standards and specifications.