- Principal Level Overhead Wiring: 12 - 15+ years' experience
- Senior Level Overhead Wiring: 7 - 10+ years' experience
- Overhead Wiring Engineers: 3 - 5 years' experience
CGC are working with a highly professional, world leading design and engineering consultancy. They have a highly enviable reputation and offer flexible working arrangements, attractive salaries, global growth opportunities and career development training.
Due to consistent growth in their Rail business sector, we are currently looking to fill the following positions. Suitable candidates with strong rail OHW experience and the ability to deliver OHW packages on greenfield and brownfield rail projects in the Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne metro area.
As an OHW Engineer, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Associate Technical Director, you will control the production and output of detailed Overhead Line designs within the rail sector;
- Developing and designing of overhead wiring layout plans, adopting appropriate standards in producing layouts and overlays;
- Providing technical advice and support to project teams, working in collaboration with other disciplines and interfacing with the client and other stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Providing expert advice, assisting Project and Technical Managers to identify and manage rail systems requirements for projects, as well as managing integration of station and infrastructure systems;
- Assisting in the definition and management of Project Systems Scope, inputting into the preparation and maintenance of user requirements and systems scope description including but not limited to, station/infrastructure systems of HV Distribution, DT Traction Power, Overhead OHW, Fault Protection, Earthing, Bonding, Electrolysis, Lighting, Building and Infrastructure Electrical systems, and Cable and Combined Services Route; and
- Identifying and managing risks associated with the design and delivery of rail electrical systems ensuring risk based approach is adhered to.
- A tertiary Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Qualification;
- Experience in Electrical Construction projects in the Rail Sector is essential as is OHW or Traction Systems experience;
- Detailed knowledge of Electrical Construction Standards and Specifications;
- Demonstrated experience of working independently and the ability to work in a complex challenging environment; and
- Expert knowledge of TfNSW or Melbourne Metro standards and specifications.