Our client are a highly professional, world leading design and engineering consultancy focusing on the design of complex rail systems projects. Due to consistent growth in their Rail business sector, they are currently experiencing a peak in workload and are actively looking for temporary engineering resources to deliver OHW packages on greenfield and brownfield rail projects in the Sydney and Melbourne metro area.
As an OHW Engineer, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Associate Technical Director, you will control the production and output of detailed Overhead Line designs within the rail sector;
- Developing and designing of overhead wiring layout plans, adopting appropriate standards in producing layouts and overlays;
- Providing technical advice and support to project teams, working in collaboration with other disciplines and interfacing with the client and other stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Providing expert advice, assisting Project and Technical Managers to identify and manage rail systems requirements for projects, as well as managing integration of station and infrastructure systems;
- Assisting in the definition and management of Project Systems Scope, inputting into the preparation and maintenance of user requirements and systems scope description including but not limited to, station/infrastructure systems of HV Distribution, DT Traction Power, Overhead OHW, Fault Protection, Earthing, Bonding, Electrolysis, Lighting, Building and Infrastructure Electrical systems, and Cable and Combined Services Route; and
- Identifying and managing risks associated with the design and delivery of rail electrical systems ensuring risk based approach is adhered to.
- A tertiary Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Qualification;
- Experience in Electrical Construction projects in the Rail Sector is essential as is OHW or Traction Systems experience;
- Detailed knowledge of Electrical Construction Standards and Specifications;
- Demonstrated experience of working independently and the ability to work in a complex challenging environment.
The role is an initial 6 month contract to support a peak workload in projects but has a strong possibility to turn into a full time role dependent on the out come of existing tenders. The role would be ideally suited to a young engineer on a working holiday visa looking to build a career in Sydney.
For more information please call Rory on 0428 026 703 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org