This organisation is a specialist manufacturer of rail products and rolling stock components. They have a number of patents and supply important components to many of the worlds most advanced rail networks such as the London Underground and Melbourne Metro network.
They are now part of one of the world’s largest rail groups. This is an opportunity to take on a role in a specialised part of the business and grow as they do.
You will be offered support, training and the opportunity to travel internationally to develop your skills.
In line with this expansion, a Mechanical Design Engineer with rail experience is required.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, ideally you will:
- Assist with the Design & Development of current company product range including Research & Development, 3D modelling & FEA of existing and new products & components
- Assist with the Design, modelling and testing of prototypes for new products
- Assist with design briefs for new projects
- Produce final product drawings and specifications including CAD drawings
- Prepare appropriate design information and reports and timely written communication with customers / suppliers in relation to design and technical matters
- Carry out site inspections
- Assist with testing procedures and monitor R&D projects
- Identify and report non-conforming issues to QA Manager
- Assist with quality assurance checks and deliverables
- Assist with contract documentation
- Ideally Mechanical Engineering degree or similar
- Around 3 years exposure to the railway trackwork (permanent way) environment
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Competent / experienced with Auto CAD, FEA, Inventor & Nastran In-CAD