Our client are a highly professional, world leading design and engineering consultancy focusing on the design of complex rail systems projects. Due to consistent growth in their Rail business sector, they are currently experiencing a peak in workload and are actively looking for temporary engineering resources to deliver HV Traction power packages on greenfield and brownfield rail projects in the Sydney and Melbourne metro area.
This position will focus on Electrical Engineering for current and future railway projects, predominantly focused on areas such as traction power and HV design.
- You will undertake hands on electrical design such as LV design, HV design, and traction power design for a range of projects, including but not limited to providing design calculations, drawings and specifications under limited supervision
- You will be required to attend site to undertake a number of roles, including inspection of existing electrical assets and the review progress and quality of construction activities against approved design documentation.
- You may be required to work alongside and with engineering and project teams from other organisations.
- You will be required to work under limited supervision in your area of responsibility, and you may be accountable for defined parts of design projects;
- You will be responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of your work;
- You may represent your team or area at internal meetings and you may be responsible for organising events, activities or small internal business projects;
- You will assist others with their work and ensure that deadlines are met;
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering (preferred) or related Engineering degree;
- Demonstrated understanding of one or more of the following:
- - General electric design such as LV design and substations
- - Earthing and bonding
- - Substation design
- Industry experience in electrical engineering working on large multi-disciplinary projects, in particular in Rail Design within a consulting business environment;
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies (including Chartered Status from the Institution of Engineers Australia) would be advantageous.
- Proven working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines – and related procedures including OH&S.
The role is an initial 6 month contract to support a peak workload in projects but has a strong possibility to turn into a full time role dependent on the out come of existing tenders. The role would be ideally suited to a young engineer on a working holiday visa looking to build a career in Sydney.
For more information please call Rory on 0428 026 703 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org