This is a full time opportunity paying $120-140k dependent on experience.
The role is predominantly a safety and environment role but if a candidate has construction/FM quality assurance experience that would be a bonus for the future. Based 5 days a week on the construction site in Western Sydney (project value is $150m+) working in a largely independent/autonomous way.
Would be reporting to the Construction Consultancy's Manager of the HSEQ team, but day to day reporting is to the client's APAC EHS Manager who is based in NSW.
Working closely with the General Contractor project team (EHS Coordinator, Project Manager, Site Manager) and the client's PM to provide ongoing oversight and assurance from the client side. Strong focus is on helping these teams plan ahead, identifying potential issues early and making sure that they are resolved or escalated before they impact the project. Day to day responsibilities include:
- Client's EHS representative for the project
- Regular conversations, meetings and workshops with the GC project team
- Internal and external reporting
- Ongoing project risk review
- Plan and execute EHS assurance program including inspections and audit
- Implement project EHS requirements, verify critical controls are implemented
- Continue to support and strengthen the EHS partnership between the GC and client while also driving EHS performance
Data Centre, HV power or other critical infrastructure experience a bonus. 5-10 years relevant experience. Expectation is you are on site 9 hours a day 5 days a week, very few Saturdays.
All contractor management, consultation etc is done by the GC so this role is very much communicating/working with the GC project management team.