Primary purpose of the role
The primary purpose of the role is to oversee and ensure the delivery and management of large scale complex multiple projects within a program of work within clearly defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Manage the implementation of the project plan to meet scope, time, cost, quality and safety requirements
- Determine and implement the project schedule and activities throughout the project life-cycle (including concept design, planning, planning approval, detailed design, tender, construction, commissioning and handover)
- Develop detailed project budget and forecast cash flows/milestones from approved budget, including reviewing and recommending for approval for project costs and variations, monitoring and controlling
project costs and reporting on expenditure and addressing any slippage issues
- Facilitate the development and approval of project specific quality, safety and environmental requirements, ensuring compliance with all relevant safety and quality standards, facilitating environmental planning/approval and managing implementation to ensure compliance to conditions of approval
- Determine project risks and develop a project risk management plan (RMP), facilitating the risk review process and managing, monitoring and mitigating project risks through the RMP
- Prepare and implement monthly reporting, ensure reporting mechanisms are linked to on time on budget delivery and ensure implementation of project management methodology
- Tertiary qualifications in a Planning, Design, Environmental, Engineering, Construction or Commercial / Business discipline or equivalent experience.
- 10 years project experience; Prior experience with Transport for NSW and/or Sydney Trains including Design and CCB Gate process; and
- RISI Card is preferable but not mandatory.
- Experience in Project Management of projects over $40M