Our client is state Government organisation within the Transport sector who have recently identified an urgent need for a Software Engineer to join the organisation on a long term contract basis to assist in the delivery of a complex rail systems project.
The role will focus on the delivery high quality software via small system software tasks and/or contribute to larger, more complex Systems projects in order to support Team/Project Managers to meet agreed scope of works in a financially responsible manner.
The key challenges in this role will be ensuring all requirements and project scope expected of software modification are clearly identified and agreed for efficient software design implementation, configuration data and test activities to occur in a large operationally critical system. The large scale systems can be closely coupled with railway network characteristics, railway operation, Network Rules, signalling infrastructure, and signalling logic.
• Tertiary qualifications in computer systems engineering or demonstrated equivalent experience.
• Visual C++ or C# .NET developer with 5+ years' experience. Capability to design, implement and test.
• Familiarity with automated testing using MS Test and similar technologies.
• Familiarity with working within a software development process that covers the full application lifecycle.
• Knowledge of current and emerging technologies relevant to the business to ensure clients’ requirements are met within agreed costs and timeframe.
• Knowledge and understanding of and experience in software and/or hardware development and in the use of one or more of the following:
o real time,
o reporting systems,
o object-oriented analysis/design/programming,
o commissioning into operation high availability business critical systems.
• Understanding of embedded, safety critical, high availability, event driven systems
• Demonstrated ability to produce user requirements, software requirements, design documentation, coding, unit testing and user guides in a Microsoft OO UML development environment.
• Knowledge and experience of document and specification preparation and of configuration control.
• Knowledge and experience with communication protocols.
• Familiarity with WPF, MVVM, Enterprise Service Bus or any Operationally Critical Software
This role is an immediate requirement so for more project information please call Rory immediately on 0428 026 703 or email email@example.com