This client side organisation within the transport sector have recently had an increase in their current project portfolio and coupled with an ongoing capital works program, they have identified a number of upcoming requirements for specialist contract staff. One area where they have identified a need for project support is for a Construction Manager to lead the delivery of a wireless telecommunications role out on the NSW Network.
The role is accountable for planning, scheduling, resourcing and managing the timely construction of the Central Coast Mobile Coverage and Wi-Fi program with the Design Engineers within the Program Delivery, Operational Technology group of Major Works. The position will also be responsible for maintaining stakeholder relationships and establishing periodic communications to advise the current status with ongoing works.
- Tertiary qualifications in Telecommunications Engineering and/or extensive experience in the construction management, and delivery of telecommunications infrastructure construction projects; including the commissioning into service.
- Sound Resource Management experience in the construction and commissioning environments, experience gained in a rail environment is an advantage
- High level of oral and written communication, analytical, negotiation and organisational skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of the business.
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost control procedures.
- Extensive experience in leading, motivating, and managing a medium sized team operating in a technology-driven environment; within the bounds of organisational policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in integrating the delivery of multi-discipline projects on time, with an ability to prioritise, plan and appropriately manage to deliver quality service to our customers.
- Experience in managing and developing competencies necessary for work within the construction industry particularly in relation to the rail environment.
The role is a 12 month contract with a strong possibility for extension with works expected to be delivered in May of 2020.
For more information please call Rory on 0428 026 703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org