Established builder delivering projects in the educational, medical, aged care and retail sectors offering design and construct and construction management services. Diverse portfolio that spans over 15 years serving clients on a national basis.
Culture / Benefits
Best practice builder with strong systems and professional culture. People enjoy working with this builder because they have access to a variety of new build, refurbishment and fitout projects. You will enjoy a competitive market salary and the necessary mentoring and training to achieve career advancement.
You will be joining a team of 7 Estimators working under a Manager who endorses an inclusive culture and enjoys watching employees succeed.
As an estimator you will not just be stuck in a corner and asked to price BOQ’s, you will visit sites, regularly interact with the clients and work very closely with the delivery teams throughout the construction phase
This is a great opportunity for a tertiary qualified Estimator to join a business with an excellent culture who is growing and expanding.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Review tender and contract documentation.
- Attend site inspections with client & subcontractors.
- Prepare tender packages.
- Request and review subcontractor & supplier quotations.
- Measure and prepare detailed bill of quantities.
- Issue client Requests for Information.
- Prepare Tender submissions inclusive of tender schedules, construction methodologies, construction programs, staging plans, etc.
- 3+ years estimator experience within commercial market sector.
- Conversant with trades and services associated within the construction sector
- A good understanding of construction methodologies & market rates.
- A good understanding of BCA requirements.
- High attention to detail.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience in using Buildsoft