This builder is one of Sydney premier firms delivering projects in the educational, medical, aged care and retail sectors offering design and construct and construction management services. They have a diverse portfolio that spans over 15 years and take pride in service they provide to clients on a national basis.
Culture / Benefits
Best practice builder with strong systems and professional culture. People enjoying working with this builder because they have access to a variety of new build, refurbishment and fitout projects. You will enjoy a competitive market salary and the necessary mentoring and training to achieve career advancement.
You will be joining a team of 7 Estimators working under a Manager who endorses an inclusive culture and enjoys watching employees succeed.
As an estimator you will not just be stuck in a corner and asked to price BOQ’s, you will visit sites, regularly interact with the clients and work very closely with the delivery teams throughout the construction phase
This is a great opportunity for a tertiary qualified Estimator to join a business with an excellent culture who is growing and expanding.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Review tender and contract documentation.
- Attend site inspections with client & subcontractors.
- Prepare tender packages.
- Request and review subcontractor & supplier quotations.
- Measure and prepare detailed bill of quantities.
- Issue client Requests for Information.
- Prepare Tender submissions inclusive of tender schedules, construction methodologies, construction programs, staging plans, etc.
- 3+ years estimator experience within commercial market sector.
- Conversant with trades and services associated within the construction sector
- A good understanding of construction methodologies & market rates.
- A good understanding of BCA requirements.
- High attention to detail.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience in using Buildsoft