The primary purpose of the role is to provide scalable, risk-based approaches to business case writing, technical editing, and project management skills during the development, drafting and approval of business cases for projects in Development.
- Lead in the implementation and development of business case strategy, working within project multidisciplinary teams to deliver complex business cases for investment approval
- Lead in the development of business cases, particularly translating and incorporating strategic and SME content into the business case, as well as any other-directed activities
- Provide specialist and advice in the interpretation and communication of business technical and complex information that is fit-for-purpose, often for a lay audience
- Apply a high standard of written and verbal communication, working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop high quality documentation
- Exceptional negotiation and influence when dealing with range stakeholders at all levels to obtain timely and accurate information
- Work flexibly and reprioritise tasks as required in order to achieve strategic and operational objectives
- Ensure accuracy and quality of information and advice provided to all internal and external stakeholders
- Interpret and provide specialist advice in business case development and the application of required standards and frameworks in consultation with Group Finance.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent professional experience in the development of business case and business improvement processes.
If you are interested please apply and attach a cover letter addressing the following two questions:
- Please describe your most significant and relevant achievement in the business case/ project development setting
- Please describe your experience in working with investment assurance frameworks and processes in the development phase of a transport/infrastructure project. Who were your key stakeholders and how have you worked together with them? What was the project outcome?