As Associate Director you will maintain, lead and develop the professional and technical skills of the railway track team. You will support the development and training of cutting edge technical skills and how to practically apply them to add value to both the organisation and key clients.
On a project basis you will be responsible for end to end project and design management. Starting from inception stage and taking the project through various stages such as investigation, bid, outline design, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover.
- Business development is a key responsibility as is successful client management,
- The successful candidate will be highly knowledgeable in the perway environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will have significant experience in delivering track deisgn projects
- Ability to build, maintain and manage strong client relationships and have worked closely with construction managers
- Manage risk and opportunities on all assigned projects
- Supporting and engaging in design reviews and HAZOP studies
- You will hold budgetary control, forecasting project expenditure and programme performance, whilst ensuring effective delivery. Responsible and accountable for the delivery of project on time and budget
- Experience with programming (i.e. Primavera, MS project etc.) and program control systems
- Identifying and acquiring necessary project resources, managing staff forecast
- Manage Subcontractors and Suppliers on the project where appropriate and ensure the relevant form of subcontract is used and complied with
- High level of commercial awareness
- Demonstrated experience in developing business and forming strong client relationships including an ability to deal directly with clients
- A proven ability of managing and growing a team, with strong leadership skills and the ability to develop and maintain a highly motivated project delivery team
- Relevant engineering degree, masters and chartership are highly desirable
- Expert in track / perway design
- 15 years’ + experience
- Knowledge of procurement and different contract types
- Project Management qualification desirable
To discuss in detail, please contact George Hvid: George.Hvid@cgcrecruitment.com / 0282 524 013 – 0427 933 873